Established by Law no 6005 published in the Official Gazette no 27648, dated 21 July 2010, Istanbul Medeniyet University is a PUBLIC university located on the Anatolian side of Istanbul.
Founded on the five pillars of ‘Innovative,’ ‘Entrepreneurial, ‘Society- and Civilization-Oriented’, ‘International’, and ‘Research-Oriented’, the University consists of 10 faculties, 2 schools and 1 institute, as well as 14 research centers, 5 offices, and 8 coordination offices.
- Faculty of Art, Design, and Architecture
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Political Sciences
- Faculty of Tourism
- Directorate of Children’s Education in Science Research Center
- Directorate of Experimental and Clinical Research Center
- Directorate of Continuing Education Research Center
- Directorate of Research Center for Social Cooperation Area
- Directorate of Distance Education Research Center
- Directorate of Research Center for Civilization Studies
- Directorate of Psychology Research Center
- Directorate of Autism Research Center
- Directorate of Science and Advanced Technology Research Center
- Directorate of Turkish Teaching Research Center
- Directorate of Human Rights Research Center
- Directorate of Diabetes Research Center
- Directorate of Dentistry Research Center
- Directorate of Turkish-Islamic Arts and Archaeology Research Center
- Directorate of Africa Health Studies Research Center
- Project Development and Coordination Office
- Patent Office
- Technology Transfer Office
- International Office
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Office
- Corporate Communications Office
- Scientific Research Projects Coordination Office
- Teaching Staff Training Program Office
- Bologna Coordination Office
- Common Core Courses Coordination Office
- Lifelong Learning Coordination Office
- Career Development Coordination Office
Distinguished by its international character, the University is a holder of Erasmus+ charter and also offers student and faculty exchange through Mevlana and Farabi programs. In addition, it has signed international collaboration agreements with numerous universities around the globe.
The University logo was inspired by Turkish calligraphy art that has developed in parallel with the emergence and rise of our civilization. In this respect, the letters IMU as an abbreviation for Istanbul Medeniyet University were formally designed to resemble the Kufic script, one of the most traditional examples of classical Islamic arts, while preferred color is turquoise as a color commonly used in Turkish culture. As for their shape, the letters IMU were designed to point upwards in vertical shape to symbolize progress in abstract form or the emergence and rise of our civilization.
With young and dynamic academic staff, our University offers full support to its students with all its members both in their academic and social life.
With its convenient location ensuring easy access to both sides of the city using different modes of public transport such as metro, metrobus, and buses; Göztepe North and South Campuses that are linked by an overpass on both sides of D-100 Highway as well as its other two campuses in Kartal Cevizli and Tuzla Orhanlı, Istanbul Medeniyet University offers all its students the chance to study in the heart of beautiful Istanbul, which has been home to different civilizations and is teeming with historical and cultural diversity.